Graduate Research Assistantship (M.S) at estuarine and coastal modeling or observations
We invite applications from motivated students interested in pursuing a M.S study in estuarine and coastal oceanography in either numerical modeling or observations. Applicants should have a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in oceanography, atmosphere, civil engineering, applied mathematics or physics. The prospective students must be admitted to the University of Maryland Marine-Estuarine-Environmental Sciences (MEES) graduate program (www.mees.umd.edu) and will conduct research/study at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore under the direction of Dr. Meng Xia. Areas include:
(1) Estuarine hydrodynamics modeling. The student will use numerical models to investigate the estuarine dynamics, such as particle transport in coastal plain estuaries.
(2) Estuarine observations. The student will use ADCP, CTD to investigate the lagoon dynamics.
This M.S position is expected to start in spring or fall of 2021 and include stipend, tuition, medical insurance and travel to domestic and international conferences. If you are interested in the positions, please send a brief description of your research interests and current CV to Dr. Meng Xia (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for applications to the MEES graduate program is Jan 30, 2021.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer. Individuals with disabilities, veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply, and the US citizenship or green card is required for this position.
More searches like this
- Atmospheric Sciences Student / Graduate Bachelors jobs in Up to $20,000
- Hydrology Student / Graduate Bachelors jobs in Up to $20,000
- Interdisciplinary/Other Student / Graduate Bachelors jobs in Up to $20,000
- Natural Hazards Student / Graduate Bachelors jobs in Up to $20,000
- Ocean Science Student / Graduate Bachelors jobs in Up to $20,000