The Data Analyst will be responsible for focusing on flood analysis and development initially, with planned vectoring to other data intelligence and analytics responsibilities, for applications to support property and non-property business segments. You will report to the Senior Scientist & Manager and will be located in the Rhode Island office.
- Adapt and run geophysical models, supporting senior scientists in the diagnosis and interpretation of model-based results.
- Assisting scientists, senior scientists and management in the manipulation of data, systems analysis and database administration.
MINIMUM CORE COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an applied science, preferably the geophysical sciences
- A data analyst will need to have familiarity with scientific data analysis, data inference techniques and programming.
- General background in physical and mathematical sciences, applied data intelligence analysis, and statistical data mining.
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux development environment.
- Comfortable working with large data-sets to support analysis goals.
- MatLab, Python experience. Familiarity with R or similar languages.
- Understand, compile and manipulate finite difference geophysical models. Familiarity with ADCIRC storm surge model is preferred.
- Software development skills. Diagnostic skills for quality assurance.
- Experience in GIS supported spatial analytics and data mining techniques and data analytics technologies.
- Proven ability for collaborative work on technical project teams. You have experience providing valuable input under the guidance of a principal investigator.