Postdoctoral Research Positions in Ocean Mixing
Two full-time postdoctoral scholar positions are available to work with scientists in the Ocean Mixing Group (https://mixing.ceoas.oregonstate.edu/) at Oregon State University.
These positions are affiliated with Physics of Oceans and Atmospheres in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences (CEOAS) (https://ceoas.oregonstate.edu/physics-oceans-and-atmospheres).
Primary responsibilities include:
1. performing extensive analysis of data from shipboard measurements, newly-developed mixing meters (pods), as well as ancillary data from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) equatorial mooring arrays in the Pacific, Atlantic, and Indian Oceans,
2. developing simple theory to help explain dependencies, and
3. publishing of results in scientific journals.
• Ph.D. in oceanography, climate science, physics or a related field
• strong analytical skills with experience in data analysis in addition to theory and/or numerical modeling
• demonstrated ability to distill, articulate and publish results in scientific journals
• demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a team of research scientists
To apply: please send your CV and cover letter with the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience as per OSU
For full consideration, materials must be received by 31 October 2021
Preferable start date: December 2021 – March 2022