Assistant/Associate/Professor in Water Resources
Welcome to Furman University's Career Site!
• IMPORTANT: Load all documents in the My Experience area under Resume/CV. This may include your resume/C.V., cover letter, unofficial transcript, teaching philosophy, etc. Please wait for all documents to finish uploading before clicking Next.
• If the process times out you will lose your progress, so please ensure you have all necessary documents available before starting.
• The drop-down lists only display so many options: please type into a drop-down list to search for your option. For example: in Field of Study, you may need to enter your field name. If you have no field, type "None."
• If you have previously applied, make sure your information is current as you can transfer it to another application.
• Prior to submitting your application, verify all information for accuracy and ensure you have uploaded all appropriate documents. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit your application other than to change your contact information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 864-294-2217.
Assistant/Associate/Professor in Water Resources
Earth, Environmental and Sustainability Sciences
The Department of Earth, Environmental, and Sustainability Sciences at Furman University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Professor position in Water Resources beginning in August 2022. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Earth Sciences with a specialization in hydrology, hydrogeology, hydroclimatology, or closely related fields prior to August 1, 2022.
The Department of Earth, Environmental, and Sustainability Sciences at Furman University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Professor position in Water Resources beginning in August 2022. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Earth Sciences with a specialization in hydrology, hydrogeology, hydroclimatology, or closely related fields prior to August 1, 2022. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, mentoring, and establishing a productive research program that leads to transformative experiences for undergraduate students through mentored thesis research, which is a required hallmark of our program. We seek candidates whose teaching and scholarship align with the department's integrated focus on sustainability, resilience, equity, and social justice within the context of the water, energy, food, and climate nexus. Teaching responsibilities consist of four courses with labs per year, including an introductory level earth science course and upper-level courses in Hydrogeology and Watershed Hydrology. In addition, there will be opportunities to offer a first-year writing seminar and courses in the area of candidate's expertise.
The Department of Earth, Environmental, and Sustainability Sciences is home to two undergraduate majors: Earth and Environmental Sciences and Sustainability Science. Innovative curriculum, engaging students in teaching and undergraduate thesis research, and a https://bit.ly/EESSDiversityStatement are the core values of our department. We are looking for candidates who can contribute to our department's commitment to increasing diversity, promoting inclusivity, and advancing equity through teaching, research, mentoring, and service. We are particularly interested in candidates whose experiences and background intersects creatively to strengthen and/or complement the existing department strengths and contribute towards our mission to positively impact the environment and society. The successful candidate will be expected to have a strong interest in collaborative research and a desire to work with various institutes within Furman including the Shi Institute for Sustainable Communities, and local and regional stakeholders interested in addressing issues related to water resources and climate change at various scales. The department hosts extensive lab facilities and instrumentation, with opportunities to incorporate analytical/ computational techniques into teaching and research. Furman's location at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and its proximity to the award-winning downtown in the https://www.visitgreenvillesc.com/ provide ample opportunities for integrating field experiences into the curriculum.
Furman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of university life, and strives to create an anti-racist community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including, but not limited to, gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, worldview, and varied abilities. Numerous initiatives and programs are underway or planned to promote these ideals, including historic projects, dialogue initiatives, the Center for Inclusive Communities, and a recently approved major in Africana Studies. The successful candidate will have the ability to work with historically underrepresented students, including students of color, and be committed to assisting the university in its continuing efforts to become a model of inclusive excellence.
Application materials should be submitted https://apptrkr.com/2644655as a single PDF in the order listed below:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vitae
• Diversity & inclusiveness statement describing how your teaching, scholarship, mentoring and service might contribute to a liberal arts college community that includes a commitment to diversity, inclusiveness, and equity as part of its core values (2 pages maximum)
• A statement of teaching interests and philosophy (2 pages maximum)
• A statement of research interests and future research priorities (2 pages maximum)
• An initial research plan for work with undergraduates (2 pages maximum)
• Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be required of final candidates)
• Contact information, including email address for at least three references.
Review of applications will begin on January 3, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. For more information, visit our website https://www.furman.edu/ees or email@example.com
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2644655
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.