UT Arlington has a postdoc position open to work on projects related to improving weather and hydrologic predictions at medium to interseasonal range. The candidate must meet the following qualifications:
1. a doctorate in hydrology, meteorology, climatology, applied mathematics, or related physical sciences;
2. solid and demonstrable background in probabilistic forecast verification and statistical modeling;
3. at least 2 years of experience working on Unix/Linux platforms and handling large data sets;
4. working proficiency in at least two of the following programming languages: python, Fortran, R, C, Java, and Matlab;
5. good verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in stochastic processes, weather and climate modeling, and machine learning will be a plus. Candidates with a track record of peer-reviewed publications on pertinent subject matters will be preferred. Compensation will commensurate with experience.
The appointment will be for 2 years, with possible extension depending on performance and funding availability.
UTA is an equal opportunity employer.