Summer 2022 'Technician' Internship in Alaska
Location: Fairbanks, AK (travel stipend to and from appointee’s home location can be negotiated)
Pay: $17-25/hour (based on experience)
Schedule: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Duration: Summer 2022 (dates flexible)
The CRREL-AKRO team is looking to hire a summer 2022 technician intern to assist in a variety of research projects with a concentration in soils-based laboratory experiments and field work. The technician intern can expect to aid in projects related to the geochemical composition of soils, minerals, and contaminant-affected environmental systems. In addition, the technician intern will assist in various field projects in Interior Alaska including solar energy project work, geophysical data collection, sensor deployment, and permafrost soil sampling.
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- 1 year of post-high school education (University or Trade School) or 1 year of industry experience
- Some lab coursework or familiarity with laboratory practices
- Ability to cross difficult terrain (tundra, wetland, etc.) on foot, lift up to 50 pounds, and spend up to 8 hours outdoors in various Alaskan conditions (cold, wet, mosquitos)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to an inclusive work environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Working knowledge or passing coursework in a STEM field
Submit resume and a short answer to the following prompt to Gary.W.Larsen@usace.army.mil before February 1, 2022. Undergraduate and current Masters/Ph.D. students, as well as early-career professionals are encouraged to apply.
- What is your experience and/or interest in environmental sciences?