- A doctoral or equivalent degree in a relevant academic area is required.
- Two-year work experience at a university or research institute is required.
- Research experience across various fields and institutions and strong teaching performance are preferred.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication, teaching and leadership skills in English as well as the ability to actively contribute to the rapidly growing research efforts at Tsinghua SIGS.
- A strong commitment to teaching and supervising postgraduate students is essential. Teaching responsibilities will include participation in and development of graduate courses and strong engagement with Tsinghua SIGS’ core curriculum. Supervision of Ph.D. and MSc students and academic mentoring of trainees at all levels is also expected.
Tsinghua is one of the most prestigious universities in China. Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School is a public institution constructed cooperatively by Tsinghua University and Shenzhen Government. It is committed to high-level graduate education and research. The institute of Environment and Ecology(iEE) belongs to Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School, which is a vital part of Tsinghua's environmental science discipline. iEE is a newly established institute with the aim to develop environmental disciplines concerning climate change, water treatment and environment remediation, soil remediation, air pollution control, solid waste treatment, ecology, environmental management and policy, environmental health, environmental big data, marine environment protection and etc. Talents with the backgrounds of environment, ecology, biology, chemical engineering, information, and geosciences etc. are highly welcomed.
a) Curriculum Vitae
b) Faculty Application Form
c) Research/ Teaching/ Service Statement
d) PDF copies of 3 to 5 representative publications
1. Annual Salary: Tsinghua SIGS will provide a highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
2. Research Start-up Package and Relocation Reimbursement: Tsinghua SIGS will provide research start-up package and relocation reimbursement for qualified faculty.
3. Student and Postdoctoral Recruitment: Tsinghua SIGS will finance 1-2 Ph.D. students for each faculty member and provide a competitive salary package for post-doctoral researchers.