W.F. Baird & Associates is seeking a motivated and personable Senior Hydrology & Hydraulics / Water Resources Engineer with experience in river and watershed engineering to join our team. This position will complement and expand our existing team strengths in river and coastal engineering, flood risk reduction (including compound pluvial/fluvial/surge flooding), remediation, numerical modeling, geomorphology, hydrology, and limnology.
You must demonstrate proven ability to lead innovative river and watershed projects in North America and worldwide (with a US focus), including conducting significant business development activities to secure contracts with a diverse client base. You will help develop and support our overall vision and provide strategy recommendations related to this area of the company.
Baird provides a stimulating work environment, with opportunities for domestic and international travel, professional development, and ownership potential within the company. Baird is a 90-person, innovation-focused engineering firm specializing in coastal, marine, and riverine engineering with offices in U.S., Canada, Barbados, Chile, and Australia. You will develop market presence while taking on this leadership position with us, while participating in the following project activities:
- Developing, managing, and assisting with the planning, research, preliminary design, and numerical modeling for river and watershed projects world-wide.
- Managing project delivery from conception through completion.
- Mentoring and providing technical oversight of junior and mid-level scientists and engineers.
- Participating in proposal preparation and interviews, as necessary.
- Working with diverse disciplines across different offices and time zones.
- Working collaboratively on multidisciplinary projects including coastal flood risk mitigation, field data collection, climate change impacts, sedimentation and contaminated sediment transport, flood protection and navigation structures design, flood risk mapping and resiliency, and renewable energy projects.
- Sc. or M.Eng. in Civil, Hydraulic, or Water Resources Engineering.
- 10 or more years of experience with cutting-edge hydraulic & hydrologic engineering.
- 5 – 10 years of experience on H&H projects preferably including experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Professional Hydrologist (PH) certification is desirable.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
- Working knowledge of codes and standards relative to hydraulic and hydrologic engineering.
- Experience with the latest rain on grid modeling techniques.
- Track record of expertise in flood risk reduction and climate resiliency projects.
- Proven record of completing large and complex engineering projects and/or technical studies.
- Proven record in consistent business development success.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills (English).
- Excellent project management skills.
- Flexible work style, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment, meet challenging deadlines and client needs.
- Ability to work well on multi-disciplinary teams (internal and external) under tight deadlines and changing scope.
- Willingness to travel.
Experience with reservoirs, dams, hydropower, climate change effects and resiliency initiatives is considered desirable and will be taken into consideration during our review of responses.
Proximity to one of our offices in the United States (Madison, New York, Boca Raton, Baton Rouge, Houston or San Francisco) is preferred. If not, a demonstrated ability to work remotely along with willingness to travel more frequently may be acceptable.
W.F. Baird & Associates is employee-owned. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. Please forward your cover letter and résumé in confidence to email@example.com. Indicate “Senior Hydrology & Hydraulics / Water Resources Engineer” in the subject line. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.