Seoul National University Energy Resources Engineering (SNU ERE) department is seeking motivated postdoctoral fellows in all fields of broadly defined energy resources and geological engineering. The successful candidates will conduct fundamental and applied research in energy resources engineering.
The disciplines covered by the current SNU ERE department are rock mechanics/geomechanics, petroleum engineering, exploration geophysics, energy environmental geochemistry, energy GIS, mineral processing and energy economics. (https://en.snu.ac.kr https://ere.snu.ac.kr/) SNU ERE will offer;
- Competitive living expenses, round trip airfare each year and sponsorship of scholarly activities such as domestic and international travels
- Opportunities for professional development with strong interaction in the industry and academia both in Korea and overseas.
1-2 positions for postdoctoral research fellow is open for all field of SNU ERE. Beginning and the beginning time of this position is negotiable. The position is initially a one-year appointment with a possibility of annual extension. Required qualification for the successful candidates are;
- PhD degree in a relevant area of energy resources engineering such as civil, mining, petroleum, geological, energy engineering or geosciences.
- A strong basic knowledge in the respective research fields as proven by strong publication record in reputable scientific journals.
- Excellent communication skills interacting with faculty members and graduate students.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Interested applicants for postdoc should submit the updated CV containing a list of publications and three references, and a two-page research plan to email@example.com by 15 Feb 2022.
SNU ERE consists of > 10 faculty members covering energy focused geoscience & geoengineering and emerging new and renewable energy sources. Seoul National University (SNU) is a premier university in South Korea and one of the top university consistently ranking ~50th in the world. Bosting a beautiful campus against a backdrop of Gwanak Mountain in Seoul, SNU has more than 2,100 faculty members, covering all disciplines, including 340 faculties in the College of Engineering.