Are you driven to apply fundamental principles of geochemistry to meet pressing challenges of industry and society?
MineraLogic LLC is a specialty geochemistry consultancy with a mission to provide geochemically-sound strategy for the mining industry, and to create value through impact—toward the success of our clients, society, and disciplines. We have current openings for early to mid-career consultants with backgrounds in aqueous chemistry, mineral-fluid interaction, data science, and/or environmental engineering. Initially, this person would provide key support for a diverse set of client driven projects and federal grant-funded R&D focused on mine waste and water management, water quality forecasting, and carbon mineralization. Over time, they would be encouraged—with mentorship, as needed and desired—to develop a project portfolio representing the intersection of emerging areas of opportunity with their unique technical background.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with clients to understand the environmental challenges on their sites. Translate environmental or regulatory objectives into technical programs and work products. Take ownership of delivering the solution.
- Design, implement, and manage characterization programs. The scopes of these programs will vary depending on the applicant’s background and the project needs, but may include mineral characterization, bench testing, site characterization, water chemistry analyses, and, potentially, a number of other types of complementary subprograms.
- Apply advanced tools to interpret/forecast environmental outcomes. The type of tool will vary depending on applicant’s background and the project needs, but may include modeling (geochemical, numerical, hydrological, and/or statistical) or data science tools.
- Communicate with different audiences: clients, researchers, regulators, colleagues, and the public. Prepare reports and presentations. Be a collaborative member of interdisciplinary teams.
- Identify opportunities. Find innovative solutions for our clients. Propose initiatives for our R&D program. Envision new service offerings and commercial applications for geochemical insights.
- An advanced degree in Chemistry, Geology, Geochemistry, Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field. A PhD would be beneficial, but not required.
- Professional and/or research and publication record that supports the likelihood of success at the activities listed above.
- Prior experience in applied research and/or the mining industry would be beneficial, but not required.
This position is anticipated to be based out of Duluth, MN, with relocation assistance provided. However, a remote work location may be considered for more experienced candidates. Compensation will be between $80-120K, commensurate with experience.
Review of applications will begin on May 6th and continue until the positions are filled.
If you would like to be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting professional interests to email@example.com