Applications for the Community College Internships (CCI) Program are now open for the 2022 Fall Term. Applications are due May 26, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET.
Apply at https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci/How-to-Apply
Are you a community college student pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math?
Do you want to develop and hone your technical skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists, engineers, and technicians?
Then the Community College Internships (CCI) program is for you. As a CCI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience in a technical project and build your professional network under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your work to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
The CCI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 16 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
- $650/week stipend
- Housing accommodations or housing allowance
- Round-trip travel reimbursement
- Must be a full-time community college student at an accredited institution
- Must have completed at least one semester; at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology courses; and at least 12 credit hours towards a degree at the time of application
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application
- Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in CCI twice and apply a maximum of three times