Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged on behalf of national security. As the world enters a new Space Age, our growing Intelligence and Space Research (ISR) Division engages at the space frontier. Its Space Science and Applications Group fields sensors that measure x-rays, gamma-rays, neutrons, plasma, and energetic ions and electrons that are used to study the natural space environment of and to detect and characterize potential nuclear detonations on a global scale. We seek a leader for this ~70-strong group.
- Demonstrated scientific and technical leadership in one or more areas of space science. Record of successful innovative research proposals through a competitive peer-review process. Ability to lead and manage development, deployment, and exploitation of systems for space science and/or space-based national security missions.
- Proven ability to lead a workforce with diverse skillsets/expertise through a complex technical risk and opportunity landscape, motivating staff through common goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated record of successful management of an R&D enterprise and experience in management of fiscal, human, and material resources
- Demonstrated success in improving workplace safety, security, environment, and health in the context of a positive learning work culture.
- Eligibility for a DOE level Q clearance
We Deliver Science and Engineering Excellence
A LANL career offers engagement at the frontiers of R&D, impact on some of the greatest challenges that face our nation, and life in an unspoiled and beautiful part of the country. We are committed to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth.
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.