Senior Science/Technical Writer
Verisk Extreme Events Solutions is seeking a science/technical writer for our Model Documentation Team. Verisk develops catastrophe models that help insurers prepare for the financial impacts of natural and man-made catastrophic events before they occur. Our Model Documentation Team produces content that describes how the models work and the science behind them.
- In collaboration with Verisk scientists and engineers, write and update technical documentation that describes and interprets complex scientific and engineering concepts
- Quality-control model output data and statistics for completeness
- Write in DITA using Oxygen XML Author
- 2-5 years of experience in science writing/technical documentation
- Ability to translate highly technical material into language that is accessible to a broad audience
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional structuring, writing, editing, proof-reading, and verbal skills
- Ability to interview technical staff to obtain information
- Enthusiastic and resourceful
- Curious mind and an affinity for learning
Education and training
Degree in Meteorology, Geology, Engineering, or Mathematics, or a degree in English, Journalism, Technical and/or Professional Writing, with physical science coursework and/or science writing experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
If considered, applicant must complete a short writing exercise.
Apply via Verisk.com or SmartRecruiters (https://smrtr.io/9FzFC).