Do you want to create great Spatial Analytics tools and experience the satisfaction of a worldwide GIS community using those tools? Do you want to learn new things on the job and apply this knowledge to make critical user workflows robust and efficient? Bring your passion to Esri, where you can help shape the future of ArcGIS Spatial Analyst.
Develop and maintain tools in GIS application areas such as:
- Weighted distance analysis
- Surface analysis (terrain intervisibility, surface properties)
- Visualizing and converting ocean, weather, and other scientific data obtained from various instruments and models
- Suitability analysis
Envision and define new GIS tools, such as:
- Hydrologic analysis tools
- Climate risk analysis (fire/flood modelling, coastal erosion, etc.)
- Other kinds of geographic-related risk analysis (pipeline burst, large event evacuation planning, etc.)
- Weighted distance capabilities (3D, including physical properties such as momentum and external forces)
- Spatial analysis on networks
- Additional data types to represent scientific datasets within ArcGIS
- Visualization experiences for multi-dimensional data
- 5+ years of C++ experience
- Experience with GIS, raster analysis, and spatial analyst concepts (What's a geoid? What's a raster? What's weighted distance analysis?)
- Other technology skills
- Distributed/parallel/GPU accelerated computation
- Understand interaction between desktop and server/online (cloud based) analysis (What's REST? What's a web service? What's Kubernetes?)
- Understand or be willing to develop expertise in machine learning as a tool for prediction and classification as required by various application areas
- Advanced degree in applied mathematics/statistics, physics, engineering, computer science, or geography, depending on position level
- Formal or on-the-job exposure to applied GIS (in environmental science, civil engineering, or local government for example).
- C#/WPF experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/PLlJWzsAdnm75uMGnHjKgR