Spring 2023 U.S. Department of Energy Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program
- Department of Energy
- Multiple locations: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci/How-to-Apply/Selecting-a-Host-DOE-Laboratory
- Participants receive $650/week stipend, housing accommodations or allowance, and round-trip travel
- Closing date
- Sep 29, 2022
- Atmospheric Sciences, Biogeosciences, Cryosphere Sciences, Geochemistry, Global Environmental Change, Hydrology, Interdisciplinary/Other, Mineral and Rock Physics, Ocean Science, Seismology
- Career Level
- Student / Graduate
- Education Level
- Job Type
- Relocation Cost
- Sector Type
U.S. Department of Energy Seeking Applicants for the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program
Applications for the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) Program are now open for the 2023 Spring Term. Applications are due October 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET.
Apply at https://science.osti.gov/wdts/suli/How-to-Apply
Are you an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) or recent graduate who completed an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in STEM? Do you want to develop and hone your research skills at a national laboratory while learning from some of our nation’s best scientists and engineers?
Then the Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program is for you. As a SULI participant, you’ll gain valuable hands-on research experience and build your professional network while collaborating on an exciting project under the guidance of a mentor. You will also have opportunities to present your research to your mentors and peers, join in social activities, and engage in a variety of professional development activities to enhance your career skills.
The SULI program is sponsored and managed by the Department of Energy (DOE) / Office of Science’s Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) program in collaboration with 17 DOE national laboratories and facilities across the U.S.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student or recent graduate of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program at an accredited institution Must have completed at least one semester as a matriculated undergraduate at the time of application
- Must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale Must be at least 18 years old at the start of the internship Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident at the time of application Must possess medical insurance during the internship
- Students may participate in SULI twice and apply a maximum of four times
- $650/week stipend
- Housing accommodations or housing allowance Round-trip travel reimbursement
- Ames, Iowa Lemont, Illinois Upton, NY Batavia, IL San Diego, CA Idaho Falls, IA Los Alamos, NM Berkeley, CA Livermore, CA Golden, CO Oak Ridge, TN Princeton, NJ Richland, WA Jackson, SC Newport News, VA
To learn more about SULI, visit https://science.osti.gov/wdts/suli.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert