Postdoc in rock mechanics and geomechanics at the University of Glasgow
- James Watt School of Engineering, University of Glasgow
- Glasgow, Glasgow City (GB)
- Closing date
- Sep 28, 2022
- Mineral and Rock Physics, Solid Earth Geophysics
- Career Level
- Student / Graduate
- Education Level
- Relocation Cost
- Sector Type
The University of Glasgow currently has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate (postdoc) to make a leading contribution to an EPSRC-funded project with Dr Junlong Shang. The INFORM project will examine the influence of fracture heterogeneity on the integrity and deformation behaviour of rocks across scales using experiment and modelling approaches, with a goal of sustainable geological disposal of radioactive waste. The project involves a significant programme of laboratory (direct shear, triaxial deformation), field (rock sample and fracture data collection), and modelling (DEM) study as well as engagement with our national and international academic and industry partners. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the formulation and submission of high-quality research publications and research grant proposals.
Come and join UofG to make leading contributions to radioactive waste disposal and global net zero transitions.
– Application deadline: 28 September 2022
– Expected start date: 1 Feb 2023
– As an EPSRC-funded project, UofG can support Global Talent Visa for the successful candidate (if needed), who will be eligible for UK permanent residence after 36 months of working on the project.
Research Group Website: www.junlongshang.com
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert