The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is recruiting for a Director to lead the Earth Systems Science Division (EESD) within the Energy and Environment Directorate (EED). Annually, ESSD conducts about $50 million of R&D for Department of Energy’s Offices of Environmental Management, and other government agencies. The ESSD comprises a growing organization of about 260 staff members based primarily at PNNL’s Richland, Washington campus where this position will be located. The staff is organized into five capability-based technical groups, each under the leadership of a technical group manager who reports to the Division Director. These groups include Applied Decision Systems & Analytics, Earth Systems Predictability & Resiliency, Environmental Subsurface Science, Operational Systems Engineering and Risk & Environmental Assessment.
- Bachelor's Degree with 15 plus years of experience or Advanced Degree plus 13 years of experience.
- Advanced degree in relevant science or engineering discipline and 15+ years of progressively responsible leadership, program leadership, and line
- Record of progressively responsible leadership, program leadership, and line management experience.
- Familiarity with research and development in the areas represented in the Division.
- Demonstrated experience in safe and healthy operations.
- Strong, proven management skills in collaboration, interpersonal communications, problem solving, and human relations skills.
- Well-developed strategic planning, organizational and capability development, and business development skills and demonstrated record of meeting financial and operational expectations.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant DOE and other ESS mission sponsors.
- Record of working with and collaborating with U.S. industry and universities
For more information, and/or to apply, please visit: https://careers.pnnl.gov/jobs/4499?lang=en-us