Ph.D. Assistantship - Remote Sensing of Biodiversity and Invasive Species
We are seeking a Ph.D. student to (1) determine the impact of biological invasions on biodiversity, ecosystem functioning, as well as soil health in grasslands subject to common management practices (i.e., fire and grazing) and (2) assess the capability of remotely-sensed imaging spectroscopy to capture such impacts. The applicant will work closely with Dr. Hamed Gholizadeh and Dr. Benedicte Bachelot at Oklahoma State University.
• Masters’ degree (at the time of appointment) in remote sensing, ecology, environmental science, geography, plant biology), engineering (environmental), or other related fields with relevant research or work experience (e.g., hyperspectral remote sensing, landscape ecology, spatial modeling)
• Programming is expected to be the core for remote sensing data analysis. Therefore, having previous experience and knowledge on how to code (e.g., Python, R, MATLAB) is ideal. Familiarity with shell scripting, Linux command line tools, and high performance computing for image processing will be ideal (but not necessary).
• Strong research or work experience in hyperspectral remote sensing
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• First-author peer-reviewed publications
• Background in statistical methods
If interested in the position or for more information, please contact Dr. Hamed Gholizadeh (email@example.com) and include your CV and a brief cover letter explaining your research and career interests. Review of the applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. A full application to the Graduate College will be required for an official offer to be made. More information can be found at https://geog.okstate.edu/programs/graduate-program/application-procedures
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https:///eeo.okstate.edu.