We will be at the AGU Fall Meeting in Chicago! Please contact the search chair to arrange a meeting.
The Department of Geology & Geophysics at the University of Wyoming welcomes applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Economic Geology. The successful candidate will develop a nationally competitive, externally funded research program in the field of Economic Geology, broadly defined, and will teach core courses in Geology & Geophysics Department degree programs as well as in their area of specialization related to Economic Geology at the undergraduate and graduate level.
A minimum of a PhD degree in Geology or relevant discipline at time of appointment and evidence of past field-based research or teaching experience is required.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- demonstrated ability and/or potential to develop a nationally competitive, externally funded research program
- potential to advise graduate students
- understanding of current and emerging energy minerals issues including critical minerals characterization and processing
- potential for contributing to core undergraduate coursework related to economic geology (possibly including: mineralogy or petrology or other coursework with a geochemical or structural focus or modules of our summer field camp and elective courses in their area of expertise)
- desire and potential to develop partnerships with industry and/or state entities
- a commitment to diversity and inclusivity
This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by January 6, 2023 will receive full consideration. Complete the online application and upload the following documents: cover letter; C.V. that includes a list of publications; statement of research interests and future research plans; statement of teaching philosophy and teaching interests; diversity statement; and, contact information (mailing address, phone number and e-mail address) for three references. For more information on the components of the application or research directions, please contact the search committee chair, Andy Parsekian, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application may be found here: https://eeik.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/223434/?utm_medium=jobshare
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.