NASA Postdoctoral Position (NPP)
- NASA / MSFC
- Huntsville, Alabama (US)
- Closing date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Atmospheric Sciences, Earth and Space Science Informatics, Global Environmental Change, Hydrology, Interdisciplinary/Other, Natural Hazards, Ocean Science
- Career Level
- Education Level
- Job Type
- Relocation Cost
- No Relocation
- Sector Type
The NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama https://science.msfc.nasa.gov/earth-science-home is soliciting applications for several NASA Postdoctoral Positions (NPPs) supporting collaborative research and applications with scientists in the Earth Science Branch.
- Data science opportunities - apply novel computational methods and information technology to the acquisition, storage, processing, discovery, interchange, analysis and visualization of Earth Science data and information as part of the Interagency Implementation and Advanced Concepts Team (IMPACT).
- Groundbreaking Lightning and Atmospheric Electricity Research - conduct research on thunderstorm electrification and lightning within severe weather, lightning‘s impact on atmospheric composition, variability of the global electric circuit, the production of transient luminous events (TLEs) in the upper atmosphere, physical relationships between optical and radio-frequency (RF) emissions by lightning, and calibration/validation of the Geostationary Lightning Mapper (GLM).
- Microwave Remote Sensing and Precipitation Science - conduct research activities aligned with NASA missions relevant to understanding the causes and effects of precipitation and distribution of water within the Earth system
- Remote Sensing of Meteorological Hazards and Disaster Impact - perform research related to the remote sensing of natural hazards, and by extension, disasters, which impact human settlement and related activities.
- Surface Biology and Energy Processes – conduct research that explores land surface influences on weather and climate processes at local, regional, and global scales.
Interested candidates should go to https://npp.orau.org/ to learn about the program and search for opportunities of interest at https://npp.orau.org/applicants/opportunities.html (select “Marshall Space Flight Center” and “Earth Science” to see details of these available opportunities). Pay particular attention to the instructions and points of contact associated with each opportunity. In order to apply, potential candidates need to create a profile account (in Zintellect). Annual NASA Postdoctoral Program application deadlines are March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert