- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Los Alamos, New Mexico
- Closing date
- Mar 3, 2023
- Career Level
- Education Level
- Relocation Cost
- Sector Type
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking a dynamic, innovative R&D Manager to join The Earth and Environmental Sciences Division at LANL in Los Alamos, NM. You will assist in leading our 70-member Climate, Ecology and Environment group comprised of staff, post-docs and students with an annual budget of approximately $35M.
- Along with your team, perform experimental, observational and computational research encompassing ecological, biological, hydrological, atmospheric, landscape, geochemical and geospatial sciences within controlled laboratory environments.
- Perform field-based studies, from polar to tropical latitudes, along with state-of-the-art data analytics and advanced computer modeling.
- Provide group leadership, strategic development and operational support for multiple facilities, broadening the research portfolio into new areas
- Develop research programs, oversee the technical development of laboratory facilities, ensure safety and compliance, assist with personnel management and promote diversity within the group
- Assist the team in developing and conducting research based on water/food/climate security, soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation, GHG monitoring, biogeochemical cycling, hydrologic and landscape response to climate change, hydrologic and ecosystem modeling, ML/AI approaches to environmental data sets, advanced isotopic and chemical tracing in the environment, climate impacts and national security and logistical deployments in support of the scientific enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in an Earth Science discipline; PhD in a related STEM field preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated technical accomplishments relevant to one or more of our areas of research and operations (Landscapes and Ecosystems, Atmosphere and Water, Geomaterials and Geochemistry and Field Instrument Deployments and Operations)
- Experience leading or managing research project teams
- Ability to identify and respond to funding and program development opportunities
- Experience conducting research and development activities, investigating alternative solutions and recommending solutions to problems
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth. Northern New Mexico offers an abundance of wildlife, culture and adventures, including hiking trails and nearby ski resorts. Learn why Los Alamos has been rated #3 in the Best Counties to Live in the USA.
Apply now: lanl.jobs, search IRC117208
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert