NSF CMAP Summer Physics Workshop - University of Rochester
- University of Rochester IMAXED
- One-week residential program at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York
- Roundtrip travel, meals, and housing provided for accepted students.
- Closing date
- Apr 7, 2023
- Earth and Space Science Informatics, Interdisciplinary/Other, Planetary Sciences, Space Physics
- Career Level
- Student / Graduate
- Education Level
- Job Type
- Relocation Cost
- Sector Type
The Center for Matter at Atomic Pressures (CMAP), an NSF Physics Frontiers Center, is offering a one-week, residential, summer workshop program for undergraduates currently enrolled at U.S. universities and colleges. This in-person program, the Discovery Science Center Summer School for Matter at Extreme Conditions in the Laboratory and the Cosmos, will be held from June 26 – 30, 2023, (move-in: June 25; move-out: July 1) at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. There is no fee to apply or attend. Roundtrip travel, meals, and housing in an on-campus residence hall will be provided to accepted students. Over the course of a week, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Get immersed in the science of extreme pressure and high-energy-density physics.
- Use python to understand recent discoveries in astrophysics, planetary science, and quantum materials.
- Access modern computational, educational, and research tools and techniques that can be leveraged across disciplines.
- Learn from—and network with—CMAP’s leading physicists, astrophysicists, and planetary scientists from institutions such as MIT, Princeton, University at Buffalo, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, University of Rochester, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. Lecturers and guest speakers will be announced soon on the website.
Watch these videos to learn more about CMAP: Overview, Vox Video 1, and Vox Video 2. Students must apply online by April 8: https://cmap.rochester.edu/education-outreach/ug-summer-apply/.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert