- Arizona State University, School of Earth and Space Exploration
- Tempe, Arizona
- $65,000 - $80,000 per year, depending on experience
- Closing date
- Apr 11, 2023
- Earth and Space Science Informatics, Geochemistry, Interdisciplinary/Other, Near Surface Geophysics, Planetary Sciences, Social Sciences , Solid Earth Geophysics, Space Physics
- Career Level
- Early Career (up to 10 years past degree)
- Education Level
- Job Type
- Relocation Cost
- No Relocation
- Sector Type
The School of Earth and Space Exploration at Arizona State University is looking to fill a Program Manager staff position. Reporting to the Director of the Dreamscape Discovery Initiative (DDI), this position will perform work of considerable difficulty in coordinating and integrating research and development functions of the DDI, a pan-university enterprise with the goal of creating and using digitally twinned, virtual research environments for state-of-the-art science, engineering, and social science research. This position will also be responsible for independently ensuring that the goals and objectives of DDI are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations, and all required parameters.
Expected duties of this role will include:
- Assists the Director in developing a network of ASU stakeholders and external collaborators working toward DDI goals. Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication within this network.
- Ensures close coordination between the goals and activities of DDI and those of Dreamscape Learn at ASU. Supervises and facilitates the development of promotional materials for the initiative, a DDI website, and a social media presence.
- Plans, promotes, and manages workshops, meetings, and conferences on topics pertinent to the DDI enterprise. Maintains on-going review of DDI operations and their effectiveness. In consultation with the Director, seeks to identify and implement improved methods of program/project efficiency and monitors progress toward DDI goals. Develops and monitors daily operations and coordinates program/project activities.
- Participates in the identification of opportunities for sponsored research in support of DDI goals.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of high-level proposals for continued internal and external funding, and acts as the primary liaison with established funding sources.
- Supervises the preparation of budget proposals; establishes expenditure controls and recommends the allocation of resources within the limitations of the budget.
- Assists the Director in developing and maintaining liaisons with regional, state, and national organizations involved in implementation of DDI-related technologies.
- As time, interests, and experience permits, the successful candidate may become directly involved in DDI research at ASU.
Minimum Qualifications for this position are:
Bachelor's degree in a related field AND five years administrative/coordination experience; OR, Master's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND three years administrative/coordination experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Desired Qualifications for this position are:
- Evidence of one or more degrees in fields of science or engineering pertinent to DDI goals.
- Experience with technology development in innovative academic settings.
- Experience working with developers and artists to build virtual reality environments.
- Demonstrated capacity for multitasking and for prioritization of effort in a dynamic, research-oriented environment.
If you are interested in more details about this position and/or applying, please use the link provided
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert