Specifically, the successful candidate will:
1. Provide leadership to forestry Extension programming in Northeast Mississippi and serve as a resource to County Extension Agents.
• Develop a robust Extension program in forestry based on needs assessments and funding opportunities
• Contribute to forestry education plans in the statewide Extension Plan of Work. This includes timely needs-based program planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting.
• Develop and implement in-service training to Extension Agents on forestry educational programs
• Work closely with local county forestry associations to serve the needs of various forestry client groups in the assigned area
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other faculty in implementing forestry Extension education programs
2. Provide leadership for a comprehensive forestry program serving landowners, natural resources professionals, business and industry officials, members of public and private organizations, 4-H youth, and associated stakeholders in the Extension Northeast Region, with contributions to statewide Extension forestry programming as part of a collaborative statewide forestry Extension team.
• As a forestry team member, provide forestry subject matter expertise and provide programmatic training for Extension Agents
• Develop programmatic curricula, provide forestry subject matter technical expertise, and serve as a resource person in all areas of forestry education, emphasizing the needs of Northeast Mississippi
• Provide educational support to 4-H forestry programming
• Perform other duties to support forestry Extension programming as assigned
3. Serve as a productive Extension faculty member.
• Participate in the Forestry Extension program planning team
• Secure extramural funding to support Extension programming in forestry
• Demonstrate scholarly activity via publication in appropriate Extension outlets including peer-reviewed academic journals, Extension publications, popular press, and social media
• Recruit, train, and advise graduate students and serve on graduate committees
• Demonstrate a commitment to service through activities such as participation on department, college, and university committees and via service to appropriate professional associations
• Contribute to a collegial work environment and foster productive working relationships with Extension Agents, faculty, staff, and external stakeholders
• Build a nationally-recognized Extension program