Early to Mid-Career Consultant—Specialty Mining Geochemistry Firm
- MineraLogic LLC
- St. Paul or Duluth, Minnesota
- Between $80-140K per year with benefits
- Closing date
- Jun 30, 2023
- Geochemistry, Hydrology, Interdisciplinary/Other
- Career Level
- Any Experience Level Considered
- Education Level
- Job Type
- Relocation Cost
- Sector Type
- Industry/Private Sector
MineraLogic LLC is a specialty geochemistry consultancy with a mission to provide geochemically-sound strategy for the mining industry, and to create value through impact—toward the success of our clients, society, and disciplines. We have current openings for early to mid-career consultants with backgrounds in aqueous chemistry, mineral-fluid interaction, data science, mine site hydrology, and/or environmental engineering. Initially, this person would provide key support for a diverse set of client-driven projects and federal grant-funded R&D focused on mine waste and water management, water quality forecasting, and carbon mineralization. Over time, they would be encouraged—with mentorship, as needed and desired—to develop a project portfolio representing the intersection of emerging areas of opportunity with their unique technical background.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with clients to understand the environmental challenges on their sites. Translate environmental or regulatory objectives into technical programs and work products. Take ownership of delivering the solution.
- Design, implement, and manage characterization programs. The scopes of these programs will vary depending on the applicant’s background and the project needs, but may include mineral characterization, bench testing, site characterization, water chemistry analyses, and, potentially, a number of other types of complementary subprograms.
- Apply advanced tools to interpret/forecast environmental outcomes. The type of tool will vary depending on applicant’s background and the project needs, but may include modeling (geochemical, numerical, hydrological, and/or statistical) or data science tools.
- Communicate with different audiences: clients, researchers, regulators, colleagues, and the public. Prepare reports and presentations. Be a collaborative member of interdisciplinary teams.
- Identify opportunities. Find innovative solutions for our clients. Propose initiatives for our R&D program. Envision new service offerings and commercial applications for geochemical insights.
- An advanced degree (master's or doctoral) in Chemistry, Geology, Geochemistry, Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field
- Professional and/or research and publication record that supports the likelihood of success at the activities listed above
- Prior experience in applied research and/or the mining industry
- Fluency with hydrogeochemical modeling and data science tools appropriate to support our environmental and R&D streams; for example, proficiency in PHREEQC, Python, R, machine learning techniques, GoldSim, and/or geostatistical tools
This position is anticipated to be based out of our office in either Duluth or St. Paul, MN, with relocation assistance provided. Compensation will be between $80-140K, commensurate with experience.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting professional interests to firstname.lastname@example.org
MineraLogic is a specialty consultancy focused on helping clients insightfully manage the risks and opportunities inherent in element cycling.
As a small team of committed scientists, based out of Duluth, MN, we seek opportunities to make significant positive contributions to the mining industry and greater society through formulation and communication of robust technical work products—incorporating foundations of mineralogy, aqueous geochemistry, mineral reactivity, and fluid flow—so that our clients, government entities, and the public can make well-informed decisions on how the mining industry can successfully operate while reducing environmental impact. Our growing project portfolio includes advising on water and material management for mining projects, grant-supported R&D into carbon mineralization and data-driven water quality forecasting methods, and other emerging areas of opportunity.
Apply for Early to Mid-Career Consultant—Specialty Mining Geochemistry Firm
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert