Instruction of lecture and laboratory components in undergraduate courses in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences for the fall and winter terms (8/26/2024 - 5/1/2025) at up to 100% effort.
This includes development, updating, preparation, and delivery of lectures and laboratory exercises; grading exams and homework assignments; supervision of Graduate Student Instructors; grading of assignments, quizzes, and exams; and meeting with students during office hours.
Courses include some combination of the following, with preference for those who can teach GIS:
- Earth 103: Dinosaurs and other failures (1 credit)
- Earth 104: Ice ages (1 credit)
- Earth 119: Introduction to Earth Science (3 credits)
- Earth 201: Introduction to Physical Geography (4 credits)
- Earth 331: Climate Change (4 credits)
- Earth 408: Introduction to GIS in the Earth Sciences (3 credits)
The appointment is for Fall Term 2024 (August 26, 2024 - December 31, 2024) and Winter Term 2025 (January 1, 2025 - May 1, 2025).
Terms and conditions of employment for this position are subject to the provisions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the University of Michigan and the Lecturers Employee Organization.