King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Physical Science and Engineering Division (faculty)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
Nov 01, 2023
Jan 31, 2024 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
The KAUST Earth Science and Engineering (ErSE) program invites applications for faculty positions at any rank with a special attention to, but not limited to, these key areas:
- Atmospheric Sciences, with focus on climate, aerosols and/or air pollution using field experiments and/or numerical modeling.
- Machine Learning in Geosciences, with focus on remote sensing and/or other large data sets for geoscientific applications.
- Solid Earth Geosciences, with focus on geologic structure, resources, geothermal reservoirs and/or CO2 storage using field experiments and/or computational methods.
The ErSE program plays a pivotal role in supporting KAUST’s new strategy (https://www.kaust-strategy.com) and Saudi Arabia’s research, development, and innovation goals (https://rdia.gov.sa/index.en.html). Applicants who strengthen the university in its new strategy will be strongly considered.
The ErSE program provides graduate education and includes research covering a broad spectrum of geosciences, using field experiments, computational methods, and machine learning to study the atmosphere, ocean circulation, earthquakes and tectonics, seismic wave phenomena, resources, and reservoirs. In addition, ErSE faculty study geological processes related to active volcanism, and the geology of Saudi Arabia and the Red Sea. These areas are enhanced through active international collaborations and through KAUST’s advanced central research facilities, including state-of-the-art laboratories, research vessels, and supercomputing and scientific visualization centers.
KAUST is an international graduate research university dedicated to advancing science and technology through interdisciplinary research, education, and innovation. Located in Saudi Arabia, on the western shores of the Red Sea, KAUST offers superb research facilities, baseline research funding, and internationally competitive salaries, together with excellent living conditions for individuals and families. More information about KAUST, its academic programs and research activities are available at:
A relevant Ph.D. degree and publication record.
Applicants must apply using the Interfolio online application system found here: https://www.kaust.edu.sa/en/about/faculty-positions, and upload the following materials:
· a cover letter stating both the position and rank applied for,
· a CV including a publication list,
· statement of research and teaching interests (max. 3 pages),
· a list of at least three potential referees,
· copies of most relevant publications (maximum of five),
· two citation reports (Web of Science and Scopus).