Position Title: Assistant Professor of Environmental Science, Tenure Track Position, Starting September 1, 2024
State: New Jersey
Categories: School of Natural Science & Mathematics
Employment Type: Faculty Full-time
Post Date: 2023-11-07
Campus Location: Main Campus (Galloway)
Department: School of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive University benefits package
Work Hours: Varies
Brief Job Overview/Summary
The Stockton University Environmental Science Program seeks to fill a full-time, tenure track position beginning September 2024. Successful applicants will demonstrate excellence in teaching environmental science courses in a liberal arts environment, a willingness to foster undergraduate research, and participate in appropriate service activities. Teaching responsibilities will include core lower-level courses within the program, upper-level courses in the candidate's area of expertise, and contributions to the University's interdisciplinary general studies curriculum. All relevant research areas will be considered, but candidates with a focus on climate science, climate change adaptation, geospatial analysis, remote sensing, landscape ecology, or other related fields are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop a research program supported by external grants and fostering faculty-mentored collaborations with students. The University provides several competitive internal grants for project initiation. Applicants must demonstrate a dedication to excellent teaching, scholarship, and service appropriate for a primarily undergraduate institution. Stockton is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and student body.
Descriptions of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Teaching load is 24 teaching credits hours per academic year with lectures carrying 4 credit hours and laboratories 2 credit hours
• Excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service are expected
• Serve as an advisor to undergraduate students
• Develop a relevant and robust research program that includes undergraduate students
• Participate in service to the University, community, and/or profession
• Demonstrate the ability to support Stockton University's diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission
• An earned Ph.D. in Environmental Science, Geography, Ecology, Geosciences, or related field is required by position start. Advanced ABD candidates will be considered, but hired as an Instructor until the degree is completed.
• Experience teaching environmental studies and related environmental courses in lecture, lab, and field settings.
• Experience with geospatial analysis, spatial statistics, and data visualization/communication.
• Experience in mentoring undergraduate student research.
• Strong commitment to building a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Outdoor laboratory coursework (field sampling, etc.) is required.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit https://employment.stockton.edu or click the "Apply" button. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the online application and include three professional references in addition to the following required documents. All required documents (Microsoft Word of PDF) must be submitted in order for your application to move forward.
- A letter of interest describing qualifications and accomplishments
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Unofficial Graduate transcripts
- Teaching philosophy statement (1 page)
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/W4wyXET7DmwNLsGlOtOKQr