About the Center:
GMEGSC conducts this research regionally, nationally, and globally as needed through strategic partnerships with Federal, State and local government agencies, universities, Tribes, and other groups. This is an exciting time for GMEG, as the recent move from Menlo Park to Moffett Field will hopefully foster new collaborations with NASA and other Federal agencies. GMEG has over 100 employees distributed across five different States in the West; however, most employees report to Moffett Field. The Center is funded by multiple Programs across all five USGS Mission Areas.
- Responsible for all aspects of the leadership, administration, operation, and management of the Science Center.
- Lead and develop collaborations with other USGS Science Centers, Other Federal and State agencies, universities, Tribes, and non-governmental organizations.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, executing, and managing broad, research in earth surface processes, mineral and energy resources, paleoclimatology, and crustal structure.
- Work with the center's science leadership to develop long and short-term science and monitoring strategies in response to current and expected future needs of the Southwest Region and beyond.
- Manage the Center's science portfolio and core capabilities consistent with USGS mission priorities and oversee the fiscal considerations that support those activities.
- Provide advice and guidance to top agency management in multidisciplinary earth-science investigations involving earth surface processes, mineral and energy resources, paleoclimatology, and crustal structure at national and regional meetings, seminars, and conferences, actively promoting USGS programs and coordinating with other participants.
- Engage as a team member with other USGS Science Center Directors in the Southwest Region, Southwest Regional Office Leadership, Research Programs within multiple USGS Mission Areas, and others, to employ science capabilities in the most effective manner with the highest standards of science quality.
Current/Former Federal Employees and Non-Competitives: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/762138500
Open to the Public: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/762141500
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jenna Shelton (email@example.com) or the HR specialist for this position, Michelle Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).